- Delivery: Can be download Immediately after purchasing
- Version: Only PDF Version.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC)
- Quality: High Quality. No missing contents. Printable
Author: Thomas Murry (Author)
Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders, Fourth Edition is a core graduate-level textbook that addresses the needs of students who will treat swallowing disorders as well as clinicians who currently treat swallowing disorders in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, and private outpatient clinics. The fourth edition has been revised to bring the reader up to date in all aspects of the management of swallowing disorders.
New to the fourth edition:
- Full color images throughout.
- Two new chapters that focus on the instrumental evaluation of swallowing (Chapter 6) and feeding and swallowing treatment options with infants and children (Chapter 10).
- Liberal use of tables that highlights text material.
- Revised detailed glossary to explain medical and surgical terminology
- Extensively revised throughout to contain current information, reviews, and definitions.
- A PluralPlus companion website with video examples of actual patients.
Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders, Fourth Edition examines the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders in children and adults and emphasizes team management, swallowing safety, nutrition, behavioral treatments and surgical options. The diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders is a major medical discipline that traverses multiple medical specialties, especially speech-language pathology and otolaryngology. The essential aspects of dysphagia management are presented in a format that both beginners and clinicians needing a practical update on dysphagia will find useful.
A companion workbook is also available and sold separately to aid instructors in the delivery of content and to enhance and reinforce student comprehension.
*NOTE:* This book comes with supplementary content on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will not be able to use it. To guarantee access to the website, it is recommended you purchase a new copy of this book directly from Amazon or the publisher, Plural Publishing.