- Delivery: Can be download Immediately after purchasing
- Version: Only PDF Version.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC)
- Quality: High Quality. No missing contents. Printable
Author: Julia Balzer Riley RN MN AHN-BC REACE (Author)
Immerse yourself in the topic of communication in the workplace with an interesting conversation about the communication demands of today’s nursing practice! Communication in Nursing, 8th Edition adopts a uniquely practical and personal approach, providing extensive examples, exercises, and techniques that help you understand important concepts and apply communication skills in a variety of clinical settings. With its conversational tone, this relatable text takes you beyond theory to show you how to use communication as a tool to limit stress in your nursing practice. A new Active Learning feature that promotes goal-directed reading, and additional QSEN exercises highlight the importance of assertive communication in promoting quality, safe care for clients ― all in an easy-to-read magazine layout.
- QSEN preface and exercises stress how communication impacts safety and quality of care.
- Moments of Connection boxes highlight beneficial outcomes of successful communication and provide concrete examples of how communication techniques work.
- “Reflections on…” boxes provide thoughtful summary exercises at the end of each chapter that give you a specific task to help you integrate chapter material into the broader scope of nursing practice.
- Wit & Wisdom boxes present selected verses and quotations relevant to chapter topics, adding interest and humor. These boxes keep your attention by providing moments of relief from serious topics and “a-ha” moments when theory becomes linked to practice.
- Exercises throughout each chapter help you master chapter techniques and strengthen your communication skills.